- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Betty Crocker All Purpose Rice Blend)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- candy cane Hershey's kisses
- Cream the butter on medium speed.
- Continue to mix while you add the sugars in. Cream it all together until it's light and fluffy!
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Then slowly mix in the wet ingredients.
- Add the milk and mix it until it's all combined.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls- I used a cookie scoop and then rolled in my hands.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar onto a plate or parchment paper and roll dough balls in the sugar until completely covered!
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will b very soft.
- Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before placing the candy cane kiss on the top!
As you can tell, my husband and I had fun making these with the kids! We've made them 3 times in the last week and a half for 2 Christmas parties and our New Years Eve party! Everyone loved them and I hope you do too!