Thursday, January 1, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

As I've told you before, I have a BIG sweet tooth!  Cookies are my favorite and if there's a cookie around, it's very hard to resist!  I found out 10 years ago that I'm allergic to gluten so I try to stay clear but that takes away a LOT of my guilty pleasures!  I found this recipe on Pinterest from sallysbakingaddiction.com so I wanted to try making it gluten free and it worked!  I have tried substituting gluten free flour in the past and have had a lot of failures but this recipe was a total success so I wanted to share it!



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Betty Crocker All Purpose Rice Blend)
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • candy cane Hershey's kisses

Directions
  • Cream the butter on medium speed.
  • Continue to mix while you add the sugars in.  Cream it all together until it's light and fluffy!
  • Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  • Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.  Then slowly mix in the wet ingredients. 
  • Add the milk and mix it until it's all combined. 
  • Chill for at least 2 hours.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Roll dough into balls- I used a cookie scoop and then rolled in my hands.
  • Sprinkle the powdered sugar onto a plate or parchment paper and roll dough balls in the sugar until completely covered!  
  • Place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Cookies will b very soft.
  • Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before placing the candy cane kiss on the top!
ENJOY!!!!  











As you can tell, my husband and I had fun making these with the kids!  We've made them 3 times in the last week and a half for 2 Christmas parties and our New Years Eve party!  Everyone loved them and I hope you do too!  



Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.