Saturday, January 27, 2018

Spinach and Bacon Quinoa Muffins


The kitchen and I aren't the best of friends so when I made the decision to start 80 Day Obsession I was a little nervous that I would get bored with the food if I didn't experiment with some recipes!  I wanted them to be easy and convenient which led me right to these muffins!  


The perfect pre workout meal with the right combo of carbs, protein, and veggies to fuel your body and give you the energy you need to KRUSH it!!  
3 muffins count as 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow, and 1tsp. for those of you following the 80 meal plan.  



Here they are before you put them in the oven.  Not pretty (remember the kitchen and I aren't friends!) but they smell and taste delicious!!!


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 Tbsp. green onions
  • 1 egg, scrambled
  • 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
  • ½ cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 tsp. olive oil

Directions: Heat oven to 375° F. Cook the spinach with olive oil until just wilted. Transfer spinach to a bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Then spoon the mixture into a muffin pan lined with muffin cups or coated with nonstick spray. Press into pan.  Bake for 20 minutes. This amount of ingredients makes three muffins (one serving), and can be easily multiplied to make more.

TIP: I quadrupled this recipe so that I would have enough for 4 days!  You could make even more and freeze them if you wanted!  You can also mix it was raw eggs instead of scrambled to help them stick together better!  

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!  My first week was a huge success and now I'm on day 13 and can already tell a huge difference in my body and energy level!!  I'll be starting another group soon so if you'd like to join me and learn more about this easy to follow meal plan comment below or send me an email at kristinkfitness@gmail.com with the subject...OBSESSED!!!  

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.