Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 7 of the 21 Day Fix

Ahhh, the end of the first week!  Very rewarding to make it this far and know I'm a third of the way done!  =)  Today I had my Shakeology on the way to church and then had a salad when we got home.  Nothing spectacular that I thought was picture worthy!  =)  Then we had some friends come over to watch football and eat.  My hubby can make a mean pot of chili and it was perfect on this cold day!


He doesn't really measure things out but here are the ingredients:

  • Ground meat (we use deer venison but you should use turkey to make it leaner than beef!)
  • onion
  • garlic
  • cumin
  • rosemary
  • chili powder
  • green chili's
  • diced tomatoes
  • ranch style beans
  • salt (don't add salt if you can help it while on The Fix.)  
We then cook some rice and pour it over rice with a little cheese on top.  Delish!!

I used my containers to measure everything out and when everyone went for seconds and had dessert, I stuck to the plan...it was hard, but I did it!  =)

Then once my family went to bed I realized I hadn't done my workout yet today.  I couldn't skip it because I've been determined to make it through this whole thing and doubling up the next day wasn't going to cut it, so at 10:15 I pushed play and got my Yoga Fix on!


At first I thought it was going to be awful.  I'm not much of a yoga person, it's hard for me to slow down, and I really didn't think I could do it for a full 30 minutes.  Once it got to the balancing moves I started enjoying it and the stretching really felt amazing!  Overall, it was nice to have a "rest" day from the harder workouts and just stretch!  

Day 7 down, 14 more to go!


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.