Wednesday, June 25, 2014

T25- Roasted Tofu With Veggies

This meal scared me!  I have never had tofu before and I was a little freaked out!  My husband is a hunter and we eat REAL meat but I wanted to give everything in this T25 plan a shot so I was trying to keep an open mind!  

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb firm tofu, drained and cut into cube
  • 5 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 12 oz green beans, trimmed
  • 1 cup medium mushrooms, cut into quarter
  • 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
  • 3 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters.
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
  • all purpose seasoning blend, salt free.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Place tofu, garlic, green beans, mushrooms, onion, and potatoes in a glass baking dish; drizzle with oil and soy sauce.
Sprinkle with seasoning blend if desired and toss well
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 20 minutes.
One serving equals 1/4 of recipe.  Refrigerate for up to 4 days.


I reluctantly bought the tofu and other ingredients and put it all together.  I actually prepared it the night before because I was cooking another meal that had some of the same veggies so it was easy to combine this meal and put it in the fridge overnight!  The next day I just popped it in the oven and it smelled so good while it was cooking!  When we took it out the kids and my hubby were all a little skeptical too.  All in all, I thought it was good!  I don't like the texture of tofu but everyone liked the flavor of the dish as a whole.  I was surprised by how filling it was too!  To be honest I would probably make this again using chicken...we're just meat eaters over here but give it a try yourself and tell me what you think!  =)


Ingredients.  Ready to go!

Prepared and ready for dinner the next day!

It really was tasty!  

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.