6 oz raw code or flounder (I used halibut)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3 corn tortillas
3/4 raw cabbage
6 fresh cilantro sprigs
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 avocado, cut into 6 slices
- Preheat oven or grill
- Grill or broil fish for 3-5 minutes on each side unless otherwise indicated on the bag of fish. (I bought halibut and it said to cook it for 15-20 minutes at 350)
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place tortillas on a serving plate. Top each tortilla with 1/3 fish, cabbage, and cilantro.
- Season with lime juice and cayenne (if desired)
- Top each tortilla with 2 avocado slices; fold and serve
**Side Note: I seasoned my fish by rubbing the lime juice, salt, cayenne and I added paprika on it before I cooked it! Then once I added everything in my tortilla I put a little bit more lime juice on it)**
The fish before it went into the oven!
A picture of the ingredients I used (I only needed 1 avocado!)
The end result! =)
Verdict: We WILL be making these again! It was so easy (which I love because frankly I don't like to cook!), it was tasty and filled us up! The hubby said he thought it was a little plain but overall he liked it. I think he thought it was plain because we're used to our food being thrown in a casserole or smothered with some kind of creamy sauce am I right!? We're headed in the right direction! This was a success in our book! =) I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try it!
CLICK HERE if you're interested in the T25 Program!