Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Grilled Fish Tacos With Cabbage Citrus Slaw

Yesterday was my first day to attempt the T25 Menu Guide and wow does it make a difference to have all your meals planned out!  T25 (and most other Beachbody Workouts) come with a detailed menu plan for you to follow to increase your results and it is so helpful!  I recommend going to the store on Saturday or Sunday to get everything you'll need for the coming week so that you're prepared!  Preparation is KEY in your success!

Ingredients
6 oz raw code or flounder (I used halibut)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3 corn tortillas
3/4 raw cabbage
6 fresh cilantro sprigs
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 avocado, cut into 6 slices

Directions:
  • Preheat oven or grill
  • Grill or broil fish for 3-5 minutes on each side unless otherwise indicated on the bag of fish.  (I bought halibut and it said to cook it for 15-20 minutes at 350)
  • Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
  • Place tortillas on a serving plate.  Top each tortilla with 1/3 fish, cabbage, and cilantro.
  • Season with lime juice and cayenne (if desired)
  • Top each tortilla with 2 avocado slices; fold and serve
**Side Note: I seasoned my fish by rubbing the lime juice, salt, cayenne and I added paprika on it before I cooked it!  Then once I added everything in my tortilla I put a little bit more lime juice on it)**

 The fish before it went into the oven!

 A picture of the ingredients I used (I only needed 1 avocado!)



The end result!  =)

Verdict: We WILL be making these again!  It was so easy (which I love because frankly I don't like to cook!), it was tasty and filled us up!  The hubby said he thought it was a little plain but overall he liked it.  I think he thought it was plain because we're used to our food being thrown in a casserole or smothered with some kind of creamy sauce am I right!?  We're headed in the right direction!  This was a success in our book!  =)  I hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you try it!  

CLICK HERE if you're interested in the T25 Program! 

 

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.