Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Steak Salad and Turkey Vegetable Sandwich

So I'm continuing with the 5 day fast track recipes form T25 and have had some more keepers!

First was the Artichoke Steak Salad which I was a little nervous about because I don't think I've ever had artichokes unless they were in a spinach artichoke dip and that doesn't really count, haha!  =)  I really liked this salad though!  It's light enough to have for lunch but filling enough to be a substantial dinner too! Let me know if you try it!



Ingredients:

  • 4oz. raw lean steak (I actually used already cooked steak from the frozen section which obviously isn't as tasty as a fresh cooked steak but it worked!)
  • Arugula or Spinach Mixed Greens Mix
  • 10 cherry tomatoes sliced 
  • 1/2 can of artichokes
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
Directions:
Cook your steak on the grill or skillet until it's reached your desired level of  "pinkness". Then mix everything together and drizzle the oil and vinegar on it.   




The next recipe I tried was the Turkey Vegetable Sandwich and it was soooo good!!  I have never bought Pesto before and unless I had it unknowingly at a restaurant I don't think I've ever had it but it was to die for! Oh. So. Good.




Ingredients:

  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread (I used gluten free grain bread)
  • 1/4 sliced cucumber
  • 2 slices of tomato
  • 1/4 sliced avocado 
  • lean, low sodium deli meat.  (I used turkey)
  • 2 tsp. of ready made Pesto (mine was a basil pesto...YUM!)
Directions:
After you spread the bread with Pesto, layer on everything you've sliced up and enjoy!  I'm already craving this for lunch again tomorrow!! =) 

Pin it if you plan on making it and let me know which one was your favorite!! =)

 

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.