Monday, March 9, 2015

Pesto Zucchini Noodles

I'm allergic to gluten so I always have to buy rice noodles but the latest craze on zucchini or spaghetti squash noodles intrigued me so I decided to give it a try!  We bought my husband a spiral french fry maker for Christmas so I decided to test it out and see if it could co-exist as a noodle maker too! They look a little thick but honestly tasted delicious and I will for sure make it again and can't wait to use it for other things!!  

I started by peeling 3 zucchini (1 per person you're cooking for) and then cut them in half to fit in my spiralizer better!  




Then I put them one by one into the spiralizer and started twisting!  FYI- the end of the zucchini that wont fit through the spiralizer is delicious to eat raw with some hummus while you're cooking!  Just sayin'!  =)  You'll thank me later!  


After that I pressed them in a paper towel to get the water out of them and then threw them in the skillet with some salt.  I didn't use any oil because they have so much water in them you just let that cook out.  



I blotted them with a paper towel again before putting them in a bowl and mixing some garlic pesto that I had bought from HEB. Then I topped it with some sliced almonds and cherry tomatoes.  It was delicious!! Try it and let me know what you think!  Please share it with someone who you think would enjoy this meal!  It was very quick and easy!  ENJOY!!

  
Ingredients:
  1. zucchini
  2. pre made pesto
  3. cherry tomatoes
  4. sliced almonds
Could it be any easier?  =)  




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.