Friday, October 12, 2018

Spooktacular Halloween Party Food

Y'all, I'm going to be honest...I don't like crafts, or spending time in the kitchen.  I'd rather sit back with a glass of wine and visit with my friends while they did crafts then actually do them myself!  =)  

My mom on the other hand is a ROCKSTAR and has always been creative and artistic.  Every Halloween she has an amazing party for the kids and just goes all out!  
She truly is the QUEEN of HALLOWEEN! 






She has had some amazing, time consuming, treats for us like the strawberries she turned into chocolate covered mice, snake pizza, or jello-o worms but I asked her about 5 EASY ones that I would actually be up for making for my kids or bringing to an upcoming Halloween party.  I think everyone from the crafty to the not so crafty mom will like these 5 ideas so I hope you enjoy!  

1.  Cheeseballs: You can make your own, or just to to the grocery store and pick yourself up one that's already made!  Then you'll mold it into the shape you want!  As you can see, we've done a variety of faces, as well as one that was topped with lunch meat to look like creepy skin!  Super easy and you can use your imagination to form it!  We used plastic eyeballs, olives, plastic bugs, chips, nuts, and candy to help with facial features.  



2.  Eyeball Chicken Salad Sandwiches: This is another easy one that allows you to make your own chicken or tuna salad or just buy it already made for the store.  (I think you know which route I would take on this!  Thank you Costco!)  For these you simple cut circles out from your bread and then put a dollop of chicken salad in the middle of each one.  Next lay a sliced olive on top and add veins with ketchup or you can put red food coloring in mayonnaise.  
Don't blink or they'll be gone!  (Did you SEE what I did there?)


3.  Pulled Pork Monsters: For these you'll just need pulled pork or shredded barbecue, slider buns, green olives, and toothpicks!  Fill the buns with your meat and use the toothpicks to add 2 olives at the top for eyeballs with some barbecue sauce in the middle for dipping!  These are always a favorite to eat but still add something festive to the table!  


4.  Fingers:  My mom has made these in many different ways so I thought I'd give you a few options...

These are peanut butter and jelly rolls that are made by cutting off the crust and flattening your bread down a little bit, applying pb&j and then rolling them up!  She then puts jelly all over them as blood and puts jelly on the back of an almond slice and attaches it as the fingernails.  =)  

These are so simple and you'll just need large pretzel sticks, green candy melts (or you can use food coloring to dye white chocolate), almond pieces, and spider rings.  Dip the sticks and apply the almond nail while it's still wet and then let dry and add the spider ring.  

For this last option you need Nutter Butter cookies, green candy melts, and red gumdrops.  Dip the cookie in the chocolate and add a gumdrop as the nails...you're done!  =)  

5.  Dracula Mouths:  These are so cute and the kids love how they taste!  You'll need chocolate chip cookies, red icing, marshmallows, almond slivers.  Cut the cookies in half, flip it over, and cover the bottom side with icing.  Stick the marshmallows into the icing of 1 half, place the almond as fangs in between some of them.  Add more icing as "glue" if needed.  After you've lined the inside of that side of the cookie, stick the icing side of the other half of the cookie down on top of it like a sandwich and let it set.  Enjoy!!! 

  

 These parties are so memorable and my kids look forward to them every year!  I hope you're able to use some of these ideas and make great memories with your family or friends too!  Comment below with your favorite one and PLEASE come back and comment if you use them!   I would LOVE to see pictures of how it turned out!  Let me know if you have any questions about anything!  

Now for a trip down memory lane...here's a couple pictures of us at my moms parties!   I had dark hair once for about 2 months, and my sweet babies were itty bitty, haha!!  Have a fun and safe Halloween my friends!  

XOXO


2 comments

  1. We Breed Purebred & Healthy Maine Coon Kittens For Sale. Our Kittens come Healthy and Excellent with Kids and Other,Trusted Breeder,Maine coon cats for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairextensionscottsdale guarantees best micro ring hair extension at most cost-effective prices available on the market Micro Ring Hair Extensions Scottsdale Visit today!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.