Monday, January 22, 2018

80 Day Obsession - Week 1

Nutrition has always been my weakness!  I can follow a workout plan but giving up wine, cookies, margaritas, and queso is just a little too much to ask don't you think?    

But after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the planning as we rebuild our home after Hurricane Harvey...I needed some more structure and was really looking forward to this upcoming challenge called 80 Day Obsession!  

I could have gone in with just the fitness...but "what if" kept ringing in my ears.  
What if I followed the fitness AND nutrition???   
What would happen to my body?  
How would I feel?  
What if it impacted my family as an example of healthier eating?  
What if I inspired others?  
What if it helped me help more people?  
So I decided to find out...

WHAT IF I GO ALL IN????  



The first step was learning the meal plan, meal planning, grocery shopping and then prepping!
 


I will say that I have planned my meals for the week on a schedule many times but this was my FIRST TIME to ever prep everything so it was ready to go all week long.  It sure made it easier because guess what?  The hardest part is the decision..."What do I eat"...leftover pizza?  a sandwich with some chips?  cookies??  a salad that would take forever to put together?  

But if it's already planned and prepped, I don't have to decide.  I just grab and go!  So Sunday before day 1, I prepped food.  It took a while but I know it will get easier!  

 Quinoa Turkey Bacon Muffins are so delicious and easy to grab and eat on the go if I have to!

 Strawberries and grapes...perfectly portioned!  

 Grilled chicken stripes.  They're easy and can have plain or throw in a quinoa bowl! 

 After I was done prepping I enjoyed my last glass of wine for a while.  Believe me, I enjoyed ever last drop!  Pretty sure I had a brownie or 3 also.  #earnedit

 Week 1 went GREAT!  The meal plan was the easiest meal plan I've ever tried to follow.  I wasn't hungry or deprived feeling and I loved the workouts!  The use of the bands, sliders, and weights kept things changing so I never got bored!  

Love being able to take my workouts anywhere!

 Quinoa, peppers, onions, black beans, and ground meat.

 Tomatoes and cucumber mixed with avocado and lime.

When volunteering at the kids school I packed my food in containers and was ready to stay on track and eat when I was supposed to eat!  I was pretty proud! 

I even went on a date with Kyle Friday night and out to lunch after church Sunday and still stayed true to the plan!  When you make a goal and stick with it you realize that the only thing holding you back was YOU...the limits we put on ourselves, the habits we think we can't change, the lack of planning...all it takes is YOU realizing that YES YOU CAN!!!  That is such a great feeling and I am so ready for week 2!  I know my whole journey might not look this great but it's all about PROGRESS not perfection!  
Here's to week 1, now let's go crush 12 more!  

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.