Monday, August 25, 2014

Mo's Fruit Salad

My Mom has made this fruit salad for as long as I can remember. It's delicious, it's easy, and it's always a hit....when she remembers to take it out of the fridge!  Haha!  It's kind of a family inside joke because every event she makes it (Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) she forgets to bring it out and once we're all done eating she proclaims, "Oops, I forgot to take out my fruit salad!"  =)  That's fine with me because I like it as a dessert anyway!  My kids LOVE it and it makes a perfect snack for them and I would much rather them snack on this than cookies all the time!

Today is my little boys first day of school and his request for his after school snack was none
other than Mo's Fruit Salad so I happily obliged!  It was a big hit and his first day was a success!  

My happy little 2nd Grader!  =)






My little helper licking the bowl!

I hope you enjoy this as a healthy dessert for you and your kiddos too!  Let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

  1. Large Strawberry/Banana Jell-O package (Sugar Free, 8 1/2 cup serving)
  2. Cool Whip (Lite) 8 oz.
  3. Cottage Cheese (Fat Free) 16.oz
  4. 1 can Lite sliced peaches (drained) 
  5. 1 bag of frozen strawberries
  6. 1 banana
Directions:
  1. Put first 3 ingredients in a large bowl and mix it together so that the Jell-O dissolved into the mixture!
  2. Add the remaining ingredients (you may want to cut the peach slices in 1/2) and place in refrigerator until ready to serve!  
Tips:
  1. I would add the bananas at the very end and if you're going to be serving it the next day then I would wait until the day of to add them.  Otherwise, they get brown and make the salad watery!
  2. You can choose to use fresh fruit if you'd like, I know that's what I have pictured, but I actually like it better with the frozen!  Whatever you prefer!  =)

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.