Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful Party Menu

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all that you have in your life so I recently hosted a party at my house to thank all my fit friends who come to my workout classes!  I remember when I started I would just pray for 1 person to walk in the door and for God to lead the right people to my class.  It  has continued to grow ever since and I am so thankful for my answered prayers!  He brought me an amazing group of women who trust me to give them a great workout everyday and I am truly grateful for every one of them!  I love my job and I'm so thankful for their support and friendship!  XOXO

Our party was a success and the menu was delicious!  Not exactly healthy but you have to indulge now and then, right?!?!  =)  I say YES!!!!  

Appetizers:

*Jalapeno Poppers:



1 block cream cheese mixed with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and garlic salt to taste.
Cut JalapeƱo peppers in half long ways and fill with cheese mixture.  Wrap in bacon and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until bacon is brown.

*Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Cut pitted dates in half long ways, fill with blue cheese and wrap in bacon.  Roll in brown sugar and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until bacon is brown.

Dinner



*Taco Soup:
1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, etc...I use venison.)
1 can stewed tomatoes (you can also add 1 can of rotel if you want it a little spicy!)
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can ranch style beans
1 package taco seasoning
1 package Ranch dip seasoning
(double if making for big group!)
Brown meat in large pot and then add all ingredients (no draining the cans) and heat through! 


Dessert:

*Cake Snickerdoodle Cookies:


1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Cinnamon
Sugar
Mix first 3 ingredients together, spoon ball size amounts and then roll each ball in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place on pan.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

*Peanut Butter Dip: CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE

See how pretty her ball looks?  Mine looked NOTHING like that, haha!!  I served mine with apples and if I had it to do over I would have not frozen it and just spooned it into a serving dish and eaten it creamy!  So delicious!!  

Signature Cocktail:

Rim each glass with cinnamon and sugar  Pour in 2/3 Champagne and 1/3Apple Cider...easy peasy and oh so good! 

ENJOY and I hope your Fall party is as successful as mine was with these yummy recipes that don't take much time!  

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Kristin Kotzebue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.